Teens at the Knox County Public Library will have:
- equal access to materials and services to meet their informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs.
- an awareness of the diverse society in which they live and respect the rights and dignity of all people.
- the opportunity to develop the skills to locate and use information in a changing technological world.
- the tools to be prepared for and have the opportunity to be successful in school, leading to lifelong learning.
- a safe and healthy environment that fosters a positive self-image.
- the opportunity to creatively dream and design a better world.
Services for youth include services to people who work with youth including but not limited to parents, care providers, and teachers.
The Teen Department offers a wide range of services to better prepare the teens of the community. We offer access to computers and an expansive collection of print resources, including books, magazines, and newspapers. We also have a diverse selection of online resources, including audio and digital copies of books, that can be downloaded free of charge.
In addition to the above, we offer a unique spectrum of programming designed by teens for teens. If you are interested in a program that we don’t currently offer, let us know and we will work to develop that program together. In addition to literacy, we have programs that focus on STEAM learning (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) centering on educating in these areas as well. We offer opportunity for all areas of teen literacy needs.
The Teen Department is active on Social Media! If you have a question about our collection or you have an idea about a program, send a message or tweet the department and we will get back with you as quickly as we can! We have a Facebook, Twitter, and an Instagram!