The only Collegiate Gothic style Carnegie library in the state, the original library was dedicated to the public in 1919. Winner of the 2015 Regional Preservation Award from Indiana Landmarks, this building is the hub of the library campus. Because of the philanthropy of Andrew Carnegie and permanent tax support from local citizens, the library proudly shines as a beacon of enlightenment. Community is the heart of the Knox County Public Library. A wealth of programs, services and materials for people of all ages and walks of life are available here. For demonstrating remarkable public services and programs to its community, Knox County Public Library was the recipient of the Indiana Historical Society 2012 Outstanding Historical Organization Award.